Connective Tissue is “biological fabric that surrounds every structure in the body and invests most of them. Without this fabric the 70% of our body that is water would end up as a puddle on the floor. Without the fascia to organize them, our 70 trillion little fat/water/gel droplets we call "cells" would be a mound of slime mold unable to organize much at all.
Treatment begins with a SFMA (Selective Functional Movement Assessment), an assessment of 7 primitive movement patterns which every other movement is based upon. This allows the primary dysfunction to be separated from the painful movement, and targeted to manage Regional Interdependence in effect rewiring your foundation: alignment, mobility, stability, and perception for authentic movement.
Techniques used in treatment include Connective Tissue Release (Myofascial, Visceral, Cranial Sacral, Ligamentous), Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation, and Reactive Neuromuscular Training.
Connective Tissue Release:
• focused release of fascia of the muscle, ligament, tendon, bone, organ, and the nervous system
• reduces friction to increase tissue function
• allows for sliding and gliding of nervous system tissue
• allows organs to be suspended in their proper places
• restores proprioception feedback from ligament tissue
This type of rehabilitation is indicated for chronic orthopaedic or neurological issues that are functional in nature; ie unresolved back pain, unresolved joint pain, post surgery, post MVA and post injury.